Through the Fog of Deception
Why I am not writing on Palestine Think Tank anymore
“…Nahida, what happened to your article from last year on Palestine Think Tank? ”
Start quote: (links added)
Lately, however, something has changed; I have been very disturbed by the new direction and new political orientation that PTT is taking:
* Attacking the stronghold of Palestinian resistance Hamas, tainting its integrity and participating in spreading unfounded accusations and slanderous myths of corruption, treason, terrorism and drug dealings. (even accusing it of illegitimacy, and equating it wit “israel”).
* Demoralizing of individuals and groups who –more than anyone else- have sacrificed their time, assets, effort and even lives in order to stand by Palestine and to give the besieged in Gaza a message of love and hope, that the world hasn’t forsaken them, as did Viva Palestina’s convoy recently.
* It has become obvious, that PTT has fallen under the influence of a tiny clique who denies, misses or dismisses the fact that Arab (i.e. also Palestinian) identity is deeply rooted and anchored in Islam as a culture and way of life. Even Christian Arabs and other minorities living in Arab countries, are more influenced by Islam’s customs and social life, than by westernized Euro-centrism.
* This group pretends to be representative of all Palestinians, they gave themselves the right to speak on our behalf without the consent of all Palestinians, which I and many other Palestinian contest and fiercely object to.
* This ultra-westernized tiny circle now influencing and steering PTT sees the USA, NATO and its allies as saviours of Palestine, it sees and promotes racist ideas that Arabs, Muslims and Palestinians are unqualified to sorting their own problems; their societies are corrupt, backwards and dysfunctional.
* Secularization and westernizing of Arab countries is a tool used by the neo-colonial forces, the same who have engaged in ever more bloody wars against Arab countries AND against Islam.
* I see that this change of PTT feeds the zionists propaganda and serve it’s hasbara machine, it offers them precious gifts that justifies their self-promoting leadership as a necessity for peace, progress and stability in the Middle-East
………… I can not afford to be associated with the new direction that PTT has been taking, which is extremely detrimental to the Palestinian cause.”
One of the people I allude to is Kawther Salam now co-editor of PTT, who between a few good articles, often inserts massive deconstruction and undermining of the Palestinian support, literally peddling zionist manipulation, smear campaigns and hasbara.
With a “Palestinian” like Kawther Salam –co-editor on PTT- who needs Hasbara:
“The Palestinian civil society is sick of the so-called “Hamas authority”, the radical Palestinian movement which distorts the face of Islam, and which has turned the holy mission of the Palestinian struggle into a struggle for their own pockets and unknown foreign agendas.”
“We, all the Palestinians, are sick of both of you..”
“…..you turned yourselves into the puppets of Israel, USA, Khaled Mishal, and other foreign countries and interests”
“also remind the President-in-dreams, Ismael Haniyeh, and his unknown gangs of paid thugs and donkeys, that his so-called “presidency” over Gaza is illegal, and that he is guilty of the death and the murders of hundreds of the innocent Palestinians in Gaza, just like the Israeli are guilty of murders, terrorism and other crimes.
You are responsible for the death of hundreds of sick Palestinians in the same way the Israeli criminals who imposed the siege on Gaza and denied many patients the basic rights of medical treatment.
Your illusory presidency is responsible for the death of many poor people trying to bring in needed goods in the tunnels under the earth of Gaza. Your illusory presidency is responsible and guilty of torture of many prisoners detained illegally. Your illusory presidency is responsible for the famine and the poverty in Gaza just like the criminal Israeli regime.”
“Most of the Hamas militants, just like their Fatah counterparts, are criminals and extremists. Both organizations are infiltrated by the Israeli intelligence system”
“Both the Palestinian Authority and Hamas regimes are illegal and have no real legitimacy…”
“Both Fatah and Hamas have lost any claims to legitimacy…… Both factions are infiltrated by jewish zionist interests…………….. they have achieved nothing but to disgrace themselves. They have no more legitimacy than israel.”
Kawther Salam on May 20th, 2010 at 12:47:
In contrast here are the views of Kawther Salam about the society of zionist occupier and her “cute” soldiers from her own diary:
“My Israeli friends helped me always to survive, and “DINA LEE” is still responsible about all of my expenses.”
Kawther Salam, monday, 1st.April,2002
“I remembered the Jewish family I lived with them in Tel-Aviv………
and the small child I left him there, I should be with “Romi” instead to be in the middle of the garbage.” 15th,April 2002
(btw; by “the middle of the garbage” she means the city of AL-KHALIL/ HEBRON)
“The soldiers asked me about my political point of view, we talked together like human being, I respect all what they told me” 16th, April 2002
“During the Intifadah, my people made reverse 50 years against women”, Monday, 3rd June 2002
“I called my Israeli friends for a help, I don’t have money any more.” !st, July 2002
“I looked like the Israelis, like the human being” !st, July 2002
“I don’t care if “Tall”, “Sharon” or “Arafat”, will be the winner through
“I will not be sad, if it will be a “Jewish State“,
“…..then we can lead the all Middle East!!….We can lead all the Arab countries, lead the Middle East “Economic“, We will be more strong, more …and more!!” 2ed, July 2002
“my Israeli friends, who give me security and confidence in their homes……………. I am part of their daily life.” 7Th. October 2001
“The evening brought a pleasant surprise. Two gentle soldiers who acted politely and even said they were ashamed of their friends.” 9th.& 10th. October 2001
“How could I teach the military commanders serving in Hebron, Colonel DrorWineburg, Colonel Amon Cohen, and Lieutenant Hartzel to overcome racism, discrimination, and intolerance?………………………….. These officers are still victimized” Friday, October 12, 2001
“Lieutenant Hartzel is a good neighbour for my family in Haifa”
Friday, October 12, 2001
“I got the news of murdering the Israeli minister Rehavam Zeevi.
It was a bad news like all other bad news I received about murdering Palestinians.
Both of us, Palestinians and israelis, are living a big “drama” of daily killing in a close, bloody reveange circle.”
Wednesday, 17th of October 2001
” I love my Israeli friends and really enjoyed the time together. We have the same dreams “just, peace and love”
“after few days in Israel with my good friends, the sea and the fun, i feel that I miss “MY SOLDIERS” who remainde me always my duity to proclaim how bad is the occupation.” 20th of October 2001
“These soldiers and this commander are not responsible to be in the security duties.
They are children who do not know better and so are forced to humiliate ………… I also feel victorious and powerfull with my Israeli friends. Many friends.”
23rd of October 2001
“most Israeli citizens are good people and they are victimized”
“Even the soldiers who harassed me, I am always forgiving them because I don’t have any reason to hate other people.” Wednesday, October 31, 2001
“I’m willing to have peace, life for everybody, in this region, including my nice soldiers who harassed me and caused psychological pain for me…..These cute soldiers should return back to their families and live their life” Thursday, November 1, 2001
“the officer………………… He came with other soldiers. He looked different than before. he smiled like a child. I tried to turn my face to the other side. But the officer walked and approached me.
We talked together about nice things”
“We were talking like friends. Other soldiers were serounding us very quietly.”
It was amazing meeting. The same soldiers who used to harasse me im my appartement and the streetcame to say to “L’hitrot” (good-buy). There was a sade expression on their faces. Even on the face of the officer who said to me the day before that he will be very galde if I will leave Hebron.
“I understood that we are human beings that need love instead of hate”
Friday, 2nd November 2001.
“the officer. He was listening to me carefully with respect…
I told him why I decided to arrive the airport drunk. Because I’m not fond of alcohol and I never got drunk before. The officer said, nothing was against me and he shook hands with me and apologized with respect.” Monday, March 04
“It was very clear that the soldiers were harassing me as a result of their commanders instructions” 22nd March 2002
-Her relentless attack on Hamas, Fatah and the entire Palestinian society is cold-hearted, callous and shocking, in contrast with her warm feelings, gentle praise and admiration for her “victimized” “peace-loving” “israeli friends” and “cute, child-like soldiers”
– She said she doesn’t know where her “refugee” parents came from originally, which is rather bizarre for a Palestinian refugee!
In conclusion, whatever is the motivation of those who infiltrated PTT, whether simply hatred and contempt to their people and culture, or utter foolishness, or something far more sinister like for example perception management, the result is the same: their articles and comments contain poison, a poison extremely detrimental to the Palestinian cause at this moment in time, precisely when public opinion just begins to see Palestine and Palestinians in a more favourable light.
I can not be associated with such smear campaigns waged against the entire Palestinian society, leadership, people and culture.
Filed under: Nahida |