Russia asks for formal UN investigation of convoy attack, Kerry/USA not happy with that

Russia asks for formal UN investigation of convoy attack


““I am confident that such coincidences require serious analysis and an investigation.”

On September 19, a humanitarian convoy consisting of 31 trucks was attacked while heading to Aleppo. According to the Red Cross, 20 civilians and one aid worker died as a result. Initial reports by the organization claimed the convoy had been targeted by an airstrike.

On Tuesday, the UN backtracked on its earlier claims that the convoy was hit by military planes.

“We are not in a position to determine whether these were in fact airstrikes. We are in a position to say that the convoy was attacked,” UN humanitarian spokesman Jens Laerke said.

Speaking on the delivery of humanitarian aid to Syria, Lavrov said that the Russia and US-backed plan included the creation of a demilitarized zone around the Castello Road near Aleppo. The minister added that while the Syrian government forces have started their withdrawal, the militants have not followed suit.”  AMN


Pilgrims!  I don’t know what you see in this photo of the convoy attack site but I do not see evidence of an air attack unless the air weapon was something very precise like an armed UAV.

There is no blast damage on the roadway itself.  There are no pieces of the exploded or unexploded ordnance itself.  The overhead power lines are uncut.  There does not seem to be damage to nearby structures.

What I see is a burned truck.  pl


%d bloggers like this: