ALEPPO, SYRIA (11:45 A.M.) – The Turkish-backed “Free Syrian Army” (FSA) and their Islamist allies are in serious trouble in the northeastern countryside of Aleppo after losing more than 20 villages east of the Euphrates River to the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS).
ISIS managed to break-through the main line of defense for the Turkish-backed rebels this week, capturing several sites in a short period of time.
Making matters worse for the Free Syrian Army and their Islamist allies, the Islamic State forces were able to advance in northeast Aleppo amid Turkish military intervention near the border.
As a result of these setbacks to the Islamic State, Phase 3 of “Operation Euphrates Shield” has been put on hold due to the Free Syrian Army’s failures on the battlefield.
- بعد يومين من إجازته من قبل “احرار الشام”.. جبهة “فتح الشام” (النصرة) تصدر فتوى تحريم القتال مع الجيش التركي ضمن عملية “درع الفرات” ضد تنظيم “الدولة الإسلامية”
- انشقاقات في صفوف “أحرار الشام” بعد فتوى تجيز التعاون والتنسيق مع الجيش التركي لمقاتلة تنظيم “الدولة الإسلامية”
- Erdogan Says US Arming Syrian Kurdish Militia
- Syrian Army launches an offensive in Latakia
- ISIS suicide attack rocks rebel HQ in southern Syria
- Free Syrian Army comes under attack in rural Idlib
- Latest 3 Days of Military Operations in Syria ~ Syrian Army operations successfully concluded in Homs, Daraa, Hama, Aleppo, Deir Ezzor, Idleb, Damascus countrysides ~ [Reports/Videos]
- A Syrian survivor soldier from Deir Ezzour attack: “The U.S.-coalition warplanes were finishing the wounded [Syrian soldiers] by machine gun” ~ [Eng/Fra] ~ EXCLUSIVE
- Bashar al-Jaafari: “Israeli and U.S.-led coalition aggression on Syria means moving from a proxy aggression into personal aggression”