The Syrian army and the National Defense Forces (NDF) re-launched attempts to seize the Al-Sha’er Gas Fields from ISIS in Homs province. The government forces stormed ISIS positions southwest of the gas fields and reached its gates. Clashes are ongoing in the area.
The pro-government forces have achieved another notable success in northern Aleppo. The army and Liwa al-Quds took control of Talat Bureij, Majbal Al-Zatin, Tal Owayjah, and Tal Al-Asfar. Controlling of these hilltops allows, the government forces are able to easily defend the previous gains in northern Aleppo, overlook areas in the northern part of Haydariyah Neighborhood and prepare a push to set control of the Ba’edin Roundabout. In southern Aleppo, the army and Hezbollah captured the strategic Sheikh Sa’eed hill in the Sheikh Sa’eed Neighborhood.
In Western Ghouta, the army and the NDF seized the Air Battalion Base, located southeast of Der Khabiyah. Now, the government troops are deployed at the western and southern flanks of Deir Khabiyeh controlled by Jabhat Fateh Al-Sham (formerly Al-Nusra Front) and Ahrar Al-Sham.
Yesterday, the army’s Tiger Forces and the NDF took control and defended from terrorist counter-attacks the town of Ma’an in northern Hama. Today, the Tiger Forces and the NDF are advancing west of the nearby village of Kubbariyah in an attempt to reach Suran, located at the highway between Hama and Aleppo. If Suran is re-taken, the militant controlled town of Ma’rades will become next target of the advance.
Next Saturday in Switzerland, Rusisa, the United States and local powers are set to discuss the military and political situation in Syria in order to find the so-called “peaceful solution” of the conflict. Most likely, the Russian-Syrian-Iranian alliance will not be ready to make some concessions to the “American partners”.
If you’re able, and if you like our content and approach, please support the project. Our work wouldn’t be possible without your help: PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org or via: http://southfront.org/donate/ or via: https://www.patreon.com/southfront
- طائرات الجيش السوري ترمي شفرات حلاقة على أحياء حلب الشرقية!
- حلب على «باب الفرج»
- لا حلول في لوزان: ثبات روسي وتراجع أميركي مؤقت
- موسكو توسّع لائحة المشاركين: طهران والقاهرة وبغداد إلى «لوزان»
- لندن تريد الحرب في سوريا… وتخشى موسكو
- The Widening US-Russian Rift
- The army establishes control over several areas in Aleppo and Damascus countryside
- Thousands in Tartous sign longest loyalty message to President Bashar Al-Assad
- Army establishes control over Maan in Hama, foils terrorists’ infiltration attempts
- Syria Will Continue to Be Unique Example of Diversity, Tolerance: Patriarch Lahham
- Major General Al-Shater: About 9000 personnel from Internal Security Forces wounded since start of crisis in Syria
- Reconciliation Agreement in Qadsayya and al-Hameh Almost Ready to be Implemented – Minister
- Information Minister: Syrian Media Managed to Confront Foreign-Funded Media Empires
- Syria Will Rise Like a Phoenix from the Ashes: Czech Deputy Minister
- Army continues carrying out counter-terrorism operations across Syria