According to Al-Masdar News military correspondent, the Syrian Arab Army and allied forces have completely captured Jabal-Badro district (located directly south from recently liberated Hanano district), Ard Al-Hamra area and Al-Sakhour Bridge.
Units involved in this success were the Republican Guard forces, Desert Hawks Brigade and several units from Al Quds Brigade (Palestinian paramilitaries).
This major advance by the SAA and allies indicates collapse in the defenses of jihadist rebels from “Fateh Haleb” (coalition of jihadist groups in east Aleppo). A map below (credits to TutoMap) depicts all the territorial changes:
More details to come…
Syrian Army, Kurdish forces push east towards ISIL’s Aleppo stronghold
DAMASCUS, SYRIA (1:00 P.M.) – The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) continued their eastward advance in the Al-Bab Plateau on Saturday, liberating several sites from the so-called “Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham” (ISIS) in east Aleppo.
Led by their republican guard forces, the Syrian Arab Army managed to liberate Tal Al-Khashkhashat and its nearby hilltops after a fierce battle with the Islamic State terrorists protecting this small village at the outskirts of the Sheikh Najjar Industrial District.
Launching an assault from the northwestern flank on Saturday morning was the predominately Kurdish “Syrian Democratic Forces” – their assistance helped propel the Syrian Arab Army to break-through the Islamic State’s front-lines.
This advance on Saturday has positioned the Syrian Armed Forces within 8 km of Al-Bab’s western flank; it is also the first time that they have approached the Turkish-backed rebels frontline in eastern Aleppo.
- آفاق وأبعاد المعركة الأخيرة في إدلب..بقلم عمر معربوني
- بعد خسارتهم مساكن هنانو … مسلحو شرق حلب يخشون الهزيمة الكاملة
- خروج مجموعة جديدة من أهالي الأحياء الشرقية بحلب المحاصرين من قبل التنظيمات الإرهابية
- وحدات من الجيش العربي السوري توقع أعداداً كبيرة من إرهابيي “جيش الفتح” بين قتيل ومصاب وتدمر لهم مقرات وآليات في أرياف حلب وإدلب وحماة
- 600 civilians exit rebel-held Aleppo in one day
- Terrorist Admits Terrorist Groups in Aleppo’s Eastern Neighborhoods Monopolizing Food, Preventing Civilians from Leaving
- Syrian Army goes all in on Aleppo as more reinforcements pour into the city – Map update
- Islamist rebels launch Quneitra offensive in bid to hinder West Ghouta surrender