Iranian Foreign Minister Mohamamd Javad Zarif slammed Turkey, describing it as an ungrateful neighbor with weak memory.
Responding to recent accusations of “sectarianism” by Ankara, Zarif said that the Turks have forgotten our stance in the night of coup, which took place last July, despite the fact that the government in Turkey is not Shiite.
The entire world know that the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) played the most important role in supporting the region states in its fight against terrorism, Zarif said on the sidelines of a ceremony held in memory of the Iranian foreign ministry martyrs on Saturday, Tasnim news agency reported.
Meanwhile, Zarif described joint efforts by Iran, Russia and Turkey for peace in Syria as a useful experience, hoping that it would lead to neighboring countries’ realization of the benefits of interaction.
“We hope that our neighbors will recognize the benefits of interaction more (than before), remember the realities and know that Iran has good intentions for the region,” he added.
The Iranian top diplomat further reiterated the need for collaborations among all regional countries for countering terrorism and extremism and said fanning “sectarian views” is in no one’s interest.
In a speech at the 53rd Munich Security Conference in Germany on February 19, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu criticized what he called an Iranian “sectarian policy” in the region. Earlier, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had accused Iran of promoting “Persian nationalism.”
On Friday, Zarif said that Turkish officials had been entangled in the consequences of their “past mistakes” and were now attempting to play a blame game by making accusations against Iran.
Source: Iranian media
- Syrian MP: We will back Iran in any war with Turkey
- Syrian Army Comes to Lay Siege on Turkish Soldiers in East Aleppo
- Iran’s Top Security Official Dismisses Reports on Meeting Saudi FM
- Bogdanov: Supplies of Russian Weapons to Iraq Important Factor in Fight against ISIL
- تلاسن تركي إيراني قد يتحول الى حرب إقليمية.. فهل هذه الاتهامات في محلها؟ ولماذا الآن؟
- زيارة فوتيل لـ«قسد»: روايات متناقضة وغضب تركي
- الجيش يدخل تادف ويتابع التقدم في ريف حلب الشرقي
- روحاني مرشّح للانتخابات الرئاسية المقبلة
- المقابلة | تعديلٌ «على الطريقة التركية»
- «حصاد الإصلاحيين الضعيف» يهدد الولاية الثانية لروحاني
- قائد القوات الأميركية في الشرق الأوسط يزور «قسد»
- خمسة اسباب وراء زيارة الجبير المفاجئة وغير المعلنة الى العراق.. وما علاقة سورية و”الدولة الاسلامية” فيه؟ واين ايران من كل هذا؟