Enemies’ Iranophobia scheme used to sell arms to Mideast: Iran military chief

This undated photo shows Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri.

This undated photo shows Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri.

Sun Feb 10, 2019

Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri says enemies of the Islamic Republic have intensified their effort to spread Iranophobia with the purpose of signing arms deals with countries in the Middle East.

Speaking to reporters on Sunday, Iran’s military chief added that the Islamic Republic has never had a covetous eye on any regional country over the past four decades, but has maintained advisory presence in regional countries that have been faced with terrorist attacks upon their request.

Iran’s top military commander then noted that the country has been offering advisory assistance to the Syrian and Iraqi governments in the face of Takfiri terrorists, saying, “We will continue our presence in these countries as long as they want and will leave them whenever they do not want. This is contrary to what Americans do, who stay [in regional countries] with force despite opposition of people in those countries and then accuse the Islamic Republic [of interference in other countries’ affairs].”

In an exclusive interview with Press TV in October, spokesman for Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said the Islamic Republic will keep its military advisory presence in Syria as long as Tehran finds it “effective and useful” and as long as the Arab country’s government demands.

Brigadier General Ramezan Sharif said the Islamic Republic has been supporting Syria in accordance with international regulations since the beginning of the crisis in the country.

Read more:

Elsewhere in his remarks, Baqeri pointed to recent statements by some European countries about Iran’s missile and defensive capabilities and emphasized, “The defense power of the Islamic Republic of Iran, including [its] missile might, is not negotiable at all.”

He added that instead of making remarks on Iran’s defense capabilities, Europeans should remove obstacles in the way of banking and economic exchanges with the Islamic Republic as a small part of their commitments under the landmark 2015 nuclear agreement, officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), reached between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries.

“Europeans have a huge debt to the Iranian nation. Iran has fulfilled all its commitments under the JCPOA and this has been verified by international organizations, particularly the International Atomic Energy Agency,” Baqeri said, adding, “However, member states of the P5+1 group of countries, which were supposed to remove all banking and economic restrictions against Iran, failed to fulfill their commitment. The Americans have quit the JCPOA and other signatories [to the deal] are dawdling when it comes to fulfilling their commitments.

Iranian authorities have invariably asserted that the country’s missile program has not been established for unconventional purposes and is only meant as part of the country’s deterrence capability.

France’s Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian late last month made remarks against Iran’s missile program and its regional role, saying that his country was ready to impose new sanctions on Tehran if no progress was made in talks over its ballistic missile program.

“We have begun a difficult dialog with Iran… and unless progress is made, we are ready to apply sanctions, firmly, and they know it,” Le Drian said, demanding that Iran change its behavior in the region, particularly regarding its presence in Syria.

In reaction to the French foreign minister’s remarks, Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi said the Islamic Republic acts independently in adopting its defense policies and will never allow other countries to interfere in that regard.

Qassemi said, “As we have said time and again, we determine our own defense policies and will not allow others to interfere with such issues.”

Later on February 3, the senior spokesman of the Iranian Armed Forces once again reiterated Iran’s message of peace and friendship to the world, emphasizing that the country seeks no one’s permission to boost its defense capabilities.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran manufactures any equipment it requires to defend the country and will not ask for anybody’s permission in this regard,” Brigadier General Abolfazl Shekarchi told IRNA.

Read more:

Advertisements

40th Revolution Anniversary Celebrations Kick Off in Iran

By Staff, Press TV

Iranian people have started the 10-Day Dawn celebrations to mark the 40thanniversary of the country’s 1979 Islamic Revolution, which overthrew the monarchy of the US-backed Pahlavi regime in Iran.

An apparent air of triumph and perspicacity hangs in every corner, especially after hawkish US national security adviser John Bolton said in 2017 that “the Ayatollah Khomeini’s 1979 revolution will not last until its 40th birthday.”

“The outcome of the president’s policy review should be to determine that the Ayatollah Khomeini’s 1979 revolution will not last until its 40th birthday. And that’s why, before 2019, we here will celebrate in Tehran!” he told a terrorist MKO convention in Paris.

Iranians, however, are facing a dramatic rise in US pressures through tough sanctions imposed last May, which prompted Leader of the Islamic Republic His Eminence Imam Sayyed Ali Khamenei to warn of bigger subversive American plots for 2019.

The nationwide ceremonies kicked off at 9:33 a.m. local time (0603 GMT), the time when the late founder of the Islamic Republic Imam Khomeini returned to the Iranian capital on February 1, 1979 after a 15-year exile in Paris.

A special ceremony is being held at Imam Khomeini’s mausoleum south of Tehran, with a host of senior state and military officials as well as thousands of people from all walks of life in attendance.

Another ceremony is held at Behesht-e Zahra cemetery south of the capital, where Imam Khomeini delivered his first speech after the exile, in an address to five million people.

Similar ceremonies are held across Iran and in other parts of the world to mark the first day of the Ten-Day Dawn period.

On Wednesday, Imam Khamenei paid respect to Imam Khomeini and Iranian martyrs in the lead-up to the Ten-Day Dawn period.

The Leader visited Imam Khomeini’s mausoleum in southern Tehran, where he offered his prayers and recited verses from the Holy Quran.

His Eminence then visited the burial ground of martyrs, where he prayed for the souls of the people who lost their lives either during the popular uprising that led to the Revolution or in the course of their struggle to uphold revolutionary values afterwards.

Imam Khamenei also paid tribute to those martyred on June 28, 1981, during a bomb attack staged by the notorious US-backed Mujahedin Khalq Organization (MKO) terror group in Tehran.

The Leader further offered prayers at the tombstones of those who lost their lives during the 1980-88 Iraq war against the Islamic Republic.

Imam Khomeini spent more than 14 years in exile, mostly in the Iraqi holy city of Najaf. He also spent some time in Turkey and France before his return to Iran.

Millions of people converged on the capital from across the country on the day of his return. His arrival gave considerable momentum to popular protests against the US-backed Pahlavi regime, which eventually led to its overthrow ten days later.

The 10-Day Dawn festivities will culminate in nationwide rallies on February 10 this year, the anniversary of the Islamic Revolution.

The period witnessed last-ditch efforts by the Washington-backed regime of Iran’s former monarch to hold onto power by unleashing deadly force against pro-Revolution protesters.

The entire struggle resulting in the Revolution was led by Imam Khomeini, who successfully united the people against Pahlavi oppression and dependence on the US.

Related Videos

Related Articles

Trump using Iranophobia to sell American munitions to Arab states: Nasrallah

The secretary general of the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance movement, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, addresses his supporters via a televised speech broadcast from the Lebanese capital city of Beirut on October 12, 2018.

The secretary general of the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance movement, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, addresses his supporters via a televised speech broadcast from the Lebanese capital city of Beirut on October 12, 2018.

Press TV

Fri Oct 12, 2018 04:18PM

The secretary general of Lebanon’s Hezbollah resistance movement says US President Donald Trump knows no limits in his efforts to blackmail Arab states of the Middle East region through the Iranophobic language.

Addressing his supporters via a televised speech broadcast live from the Lebanese capital city of Beirut on Friday evening, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said Trump’s latest remarks that Iran planned to take control of the Middle East in just “12 minutes” were meant to lure regional rulers into paying him exorbitant sums of money in return for preserving their regimes.

“As (the late founder of Iran’s Islamic Revolution) Imam Khomeini said the US government is an administration of thieves. It is a regime of theft. Former US presidents were also thieves but did not perpetrate their misdeeds blatantly. The incumbent one, however, robs Arab leaders and humiliates them at the same time,” Nasrallah pointed out.

“Trump shows no respect for ethics, human rights and justice in his remarks. We are witness to a US regime, which does not shy away from using the language of contempt and humiliating anyone, albeit it might be their friend and ally,” he said.

The Hezbollah chief further noted that Trump views the Islamic Republic of Iran as a great and strong establishment, while considers all Arab states buying billions of dollars worth of weapons from him as fairly feeble that cannot last on their legs for more than 12 minutes without his support.

“Trump is making use of the anti-Iran rhetoric in a bid to sell billions of dollars worth of American munitions and military hardware to Arab rulers,” he said.

Nasrallah then advised Arab leaders to reconsider their reliance on American statesmen, saying, “The United States is the same country, which denied the deposed Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, a visa for cancer treatment. This came despite the fact that he used to be a long-time US ally in the region.”

“Arab leaders would better allocate the billions of dollars that they are paying Trump to solving their own nations’ problems,” the Hezbollah secretary general commented.

He also scoffed at Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s allegations about Hezbollah’s secret weapons sites, stressing that his movement’s policy is to maintain vigilance and not to respond to such trumped-up charges.

“Denial of Israeli allegations would be a free favor to the Tel Aviv regime,” Nasrallah said.

Elsewhere in his remarks, the Hezbollah chief stated that he has on occasions demanded the quick formation of a new unity government in Lebanon.

“I assure you all that neither Iran nor Syria does interfere in the formation of the future Lebanese government,” Nasrallah concluded.

%d bloggers like this: