‘Israel’ Should Learn from Its Mistakes in July 2006 War before Any Possible Action – Haaretz

16/07/2021

‘Israel’ Should Learn from Its Mistakes in July 2006 War before Any Possible Action – Haaretz

By Staff, Haaretz

In an opinion piece marking the 15th anniversary of the July 2006 ‘Israeli’ war on Lebanon, Amos Harel penned for Haaretz that mistakes committed by the Zionist military dictate its next possible move.

The anniversary of the start of war was marked Monday relatively quietly, Harel said, explaining that “As is the custom, the annual memorial ceremony for those killed in the war took place according to the Hebrew date, a few weeks ago. The army again held a briefing for journalists, as it does almost every year, on the lessons learned from the war, but the media seemed less attentive this time.”

As usual, Harel wrote, we have to remember that ‘Israel’ has an interest in the calm across the border with Lebanon. ‘Israel’ is deterred by Hezbollah’s firepower and the damage it could cause settlers’ areas in the center of the occupied territories, he went on to say.

“Every conversation with officers who fought then as company and battalion commanders and have since been promoted triggers two analyses. First, they believe the army functioned even more chaotically in that war than previously believed. Second, the preparations before a possible war in Lebanon or Gaza in the future are based on correcting the mistakes of 2006,” he added.

The lessons stand out in a number of areas: polishing the operative plans, streamlining the production and use of intelligence, and improving the work of the command posts.

But in this story the ground forces, despite their immense size compared to the ‘Israeli’ military’s other branches, remain the deprived child at the General Staff’s table. The decision not to use the infantry and armor in Gaza in May 2021 was logical in the circumstances; ‘Israel’ didn’t want to get dragged into a long war or topple Hamas, he went on to explain.

The prevailing view in the ‘Israeli’ military, according to Harel, is that it will be different in Lebanon, simply because there will be no alternative. The intensity of the firepower launched from the north at Zionist settlers will generate vast pressure on the ‘Israeli’ government to send the army into southern Lebanon on a broad and aggressive maneuver.

Still, for two decades at least [and all the more cogently since the 2006 war] the questions have remained the same: Will the politicians risk a move like that, entailing major military casualties? Will the senior command project enough confidence to the politicians in the units’ ability to accomplish the mission?

The question for years has been whether a ground maneuver is still relevant. After the decision in May – again – not to send the troops in, it’s possible to talk about a kind of melancholy of the ground forces, Harel said.

In the July 2006 war, these forces were utilized on a small scale and late. For about a month, the infantry and armored brigades dithered in pointless entries and exits at a narrow strip north of the fence, he said.

In the last 60 hours, Ehud Olmert’s government sent units forward, a desperate, superfluous and failed move. In retrospect, taking into account the preparedness that was revealed in this last foray, it’s probably just as well that no broader maneuver was attempted.

Part of the move involved landing forces from the elite 98th Division by helicopter in the western sector of southern Lebanon. This operation was halted on the second night after Hezbollah shot down a Yasur helicopter, killing five soldiers. Over the years, the ‘Israeli’ military continued to drill the landing and parachuting of ground forces in the enemy’s rear, a move known in the jargon as “vertical envelopment.”

Special Footage of the July 2006 Hezb Allah Operation Capturing Israeli IDF Terrorists

 ARABI SOURI 

Special Footage of the July 2006 Hezb Allah Operation Capturing Israeli IDF Terrorists

The Lebanese Hezb Allah resistance party has released new special footage, showing for the first time details of the brave operation of Hezb Allah soldiers blocking a vehicle of the Israeli IDF at the southern Lebanese borders arresting two of the Israeli terrorists.

The operation took place on 12 July 2006 after an unknown period of combing the area, monitoring the movements of the Israeli IDF terrorists, and selecting the target and timing of the operation.

Hezb Allah late commander Imad Mughniyeh is said to have planned the operation which took place in Khallet Wardeh area of the Lebanese Ayta ash Shab region, commander Mughniyeh was later assassinated by the Israeli terrorists in a complicated terrorist attack in Damascus in February 2008 with the help of their US patrons and the ‘intelligence’ services of another state believed to be an Arab one.

The following special footage was released by the Hezb Allah media on the 15th anniversary of the operation.

The video is also available on BitChute.

Special Footage of the July 2006 Hezb Allah Operation Capturing Israeli IDF Terrorists

Israel had planned to bomb Lebanon at the end of the summer of 2006, plans were drawn by the Israeli leaders to restore some of the Israeli pride which was completely lost in the year 2000 when the Lebanese resistance spearheaded by Hezb Allah managed to evict the decades-long Israeli occupation of southern Lebanon in a very humiliating manner. It took the Israeli military commanders 6 years to plan for an operation that they thought will eliminate Hezb Allah and restore Israel’s hegemony over Lebanon again. Khallet Wardeh operation by Hezb Allah only brought the Israeli operation 2 months earlier when the Israelis were encouraged by their US patrons, the Saudis, and other evil forces to bomb Lebanon and destroy the country’s infrastructure in the 33 days war of aggression.

Khallet Wardeh operation was meant to arrest Israeli IDF terrorists to exchange them with Lebanese and other Arabs kidnapped by the Israeli terrorist ‘state’ for years. Israel had other plans.

After 33 days of the continuous relentless Israeli bombing of Lebanon, the Israeli regime of Ehud Olmert was begging their patrons and friends to enforce a ceasefire, they realized their bank of targets was false and they failed to achieve any military victory over Hezb Allah which in turn started retaliating by bombing Israeli forces and wiping out entire Israeli tank columns and the Hezb Allah chief vowed to start bombing the Israeli capital of Tel Aviv in retaliation for the Israeli bombing of the Lebanese capital Beirut, and after Hezb Allah destroyed live on TV one of Israel’s most advanced navy ships, an INS Hanit, a Sa’ar 5-class corvette, Hezb Allah chief Hassan Nasr Allah telling the Lebanese people live on TV: ‘Look at the Israeli navy ship at sea which was bombing you, now look at it how it will burn out.’

Israel INS Hanit Sa'ar 5-class corvette navy ship - ساعر 5 سفينة حربية اسرائيلية
The Israeli INS Hanit navy ship of the Sa’ar 5-class corvette destroyed by Hezb Allah in 2006

Israel failed to achieve the goals of its years-long planned military aggression, Hezb Allah managed to achieve not only their set goal of exchanging the arrested Israeli IDF terrorists with the kidnapped Lebanese and Palestinians in Israeli captivity. Hezb Allah was declared a clear victor by all analysts including a special committee created by the Israelis themselves and the operation resulted in the collapse of the Israeli cabinet with its head Ehud Olmert sent to prison on some corruption charges.

To help us continue please visit the Donate page to donate or learn how you can help us with no cost to you.
Follow us on Telegram: http://t.me/syupdates link will open the Telegram app.

Related Videos

The video includes complete and sufficient preparation to carry out the process in 6 minutes

Related Articles

Palestine On the Way to Another Intifada – Olmert

1/5/2021

Palestine On the Way to Another Intifada - Olmert

By Staff

In an opinion piece published by the ‘Jerusalem Post’, former Zionist Prime Minister Ehud Olmert wrote that the events that have transpired in occupied al-Quds these last few days are not a coincidental occurrence that will disappear so quickly.

“We are on the brink of a violent awakening that could intensify and lead to violence on our streets. These clashes could end in a significant number of casualties,” according to Olmert.

The former Zionist premier cited the recent days to conclude that new circumstances have arisen, which could drag ‘Israel’ into a new round of ‘violent’ activity, which he described as ‘terrorist’, and bloodshed on both sides.

The first Palestinian Intifada was a sustained series of Palestinian protests and riots in the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and the ‘Israeli’-occupied territories. The protests were against the Zionist occupation of the West Bank and Gaza that had begun twenty years prior, in 1967. The intifada lasted from December 1987 until the Madrid Conference in 1991, though some date its conclusion to 1993, with the signing of the so-called ‘Oslo Accords.’

The intifada began on 9 December 1987, in the Jabalia refugee camp after an ‘Israeli’ occupation force truck collided with a civilian car, killing four Palestinian workers.

The Second Intifada, also known as the Al-Aqsa Intifada, started in September 2000, after then Zionist Prime Minister Ariel Sharon made a highly provocative visit to the holy al-Aqsa Mosque. The visit sparked protests and riots which the occupation police put down with rubber bullets and tear gas.

%d bloggers like this: